- Review applications submitted to the New York State Liquor Authority by the following businesses:
- Christian Njokede, Vchris Restaurant, 568 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203 – renewal of Wine and Beer Only License.
- Rosemary Nunez, La Nueva Estrella Del Castillo Restaurant, 948 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225 – renewal of Wine and Beer Only License.
- Emad Ali Rabah, KHF Food Corp/Best Way, 709 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225 – renewal of a Wine and Beer Only License.
- Spiro Kourkoumelis, Mike’s Diner, 630 Brooklyn Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203 – renewal of Beer Only License.
- Corey Noble, Union Franklin One, Inc., 829-835 Franklin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11225 – new application for a Liquor, Wine and Beer License.
- David Schneider, Oaxaca Rogers, LLC, 406 Rogers Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225 – new application for a Wine and Beer Only License.
- Astrid Charleus, Les Cayes, 1067 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225 – new application for a Wine and Beer only License, as well as the licensing of the Gardens/Grounds outdoor area.
- Genine Edwards, Judge, NYC Civil Courts, Kings County, will provide insight into matters dealt with in the NYC Civil Court.
- Presentation by Mr. Albert Webber, Office of Advanced Technology, DOITT, on the NYC Open Data Portal – making a wealth of data generated by various NYC agencies and other City organizations available for public use.
- Presentation by representatives of the New York City Department of Transportation on the proposal to install a pedestrian safety island in the north crosswalk at Ocean Avenue and Parkside Avenue between Prospect Park and the Parkside Avenue “Q” Subway Station, a Vision Zero Priority Area and the East Flatbush Senior Pedestrian Focus Area.
- Presentation by representatives of the New York City Department of Transportation on transportation enhancements at Brooklyn Avenue from Eastern Parkway to Winthrop Street; and, Kingston Avenue from Empire Boulevard to Winthrop Street; which include improved signal coordination and traffic flow, as well as improved lane configuration.
- Presentation by representatives from the NYC Department of City Planning, on the Mayor’s “Zoning for Quality and Affordability”, a targeted set of citywide zoning text amendments to promote affordable housing and better quality buildings. Community District 9 Profile attached.
- Roll Call
- Minutes of the March 2015 Community Board meeting
- Minutes of the April 2015 Community Board meeting
- Minutes of the May 2015 Community Board meeting
- District Manager’s Report
- Committees’ Reports
- Chairman’s Report
- Election of Officers – Nominating Committee
**PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Exactly Fifteen (15) Minutes –
1.*Persons wishing to speak on the agenda item(s) in the Public Session should advise the Community Board at 718-778-9279, prior to noon on 6/23/15. Speaking time is limited to three (3) minutes. The order is determined by the time of receipt of your request and the agenda item.
2.**Persons wishing to speak during the Public Comment Period may pre-register by calling the Community Board office – 718-778-9279 – or may sign up before the 15-minute period has elapsed. Speakers must be in the room before the 15-minute period closes. Each speaker will be permitted to speak for up to three (3) minutes, and may not receive additional time from another speaker. Speakers are directed to address the assembly from the front of the room. At the conclusion of the three (3) minute period, each speaker must leave and return to his or her seat. (Rules of Conduct for Community Board Meetings attached.)